Saturday, July 4, 2009

Well, I had great plans for this blog, then winter happened and my gas heater died :-) I had just filled it up for the first time, and was looking forward to a warm room to play fiddle in. For me it's essential to have a warm private place to play in. The potbelly does a great job of heating the room I use for my art and my son has his computer in...but the heat doesn't extend to my bedroom and I'm too stingy to pay for more than a hot water bottle unless an excessive amount of money comes my way soon. Will have to find some way around that, because I don't want to give up the violin for the whole winter. It really doesn't sound good in the cold, a warm room is the difference between sweetness and screechiness. The bathroom is the easiest room to heat and has pretty good acoustics, so may have become the new music studio.....and day now :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying this blog and your fiddle playing! Hopefully you will be posting some more soon! :) I hope that you're able to get the heating situation sorted out! Bathrooms also have the best acoustics, don't they! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I'm so slack aren't I , it's no excuse really, it's a beautiful sunny day tday and I'm tempted, once I've planted some veges. to sit in the sun and pick up my fiddle and start working on the tune I just posted. Thanks for the follow, love your work!

    ReplyDelete