Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Full arm vibrato

have been taking a break from music videos, partly because my son dropped one laptop, and I destroyed the other using a registry cleaner that wiped everything lol. Luckily nothing important was on the one that I destroyed, and everything that is important can be transferred from the one that was dropped to the other one, now that the destroyed one has been repaired back to it's original state. apparently was full of viruses too, so it will have a fresh start :-). Anyway other reason is that I don't have broadband at the mo, so although we still have the ancient but trusty desktop, it's sound recording quality isn't great, and even if I did make one on it...would take way long to upload it to the internet.

Sooooo......... I am using this enforced break to learn FULL ARM VIBRATO. Full arm vibrato has more control than wrist vibrato. It's possible to get a much slower vibrato and more control in general of the quality of vibrato with full arm vibrato. It's a bit of a painful process to master, but I'm making progress...which didn't seem possible at first lol. I'm looking forward to the beautiful sound and control that is the result of mastering this technique. It give a greater range of expression and subtlety that will make the pain worthwhile...I hope :-)

It hurts...my brain mostly learning this technique, but am please at how quickly the mental brick walls I kept crashing into at first are coming down and progress at the moment is encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment